Amanda at Amandalandish passed me The Nail Polish Tag. It's a getting to know you of sorts. Here goes...
1. How many polishes do you own?Believe it or not, I know the answer to this. I just counted all of my polishes (excluding top and base coats) when I finished putting them in my new, shiny, red Helmer that I got for Christmas. I counted 113, but today while I was out and about I bought 4 more. So 117. I know that's a baby stash compared to some, but I'm not looking to own every collection out there (unless you're talking about O.P.I. DS, then all bets are off!)
2. What is your favorite nail polish brand?I can't say that I have a favorite. I like different brands for different reasons. I really like Sinful Colors and Jordana because they have a large selections of colors for a very affordable price. O.P.I. makes some amazing colors with an awesome formula and brush.
3. Do you like or hate crackle nail polish?I like it. I own several.
4. What was your first nail polish brand?Probably Wet n Wild with Sally Hansen being a close second. They were probably all pink. I was a nail biter for a long time. Sometime when I was about 11 or so I just decided I needed to stop. It was that easy. When I was 13ish my nails were all nice and long. I got a split in one and was so upset about it. I called a local nail salon and asked them if there was anything they could do to fix it. I walked about a mile to the salon and the nice lady put a fiberglass wrap on it for me. She didn't even charge me for it which was great since I didn't take any money with me. I've always enjoyed having nice nails.
5. If you created a nail polish line, what would you name it?I've never given it any thought. I don't actually have any desire to do something like that.
6. What nail polish color does not compliment you?Hmm... I don't know that I have an answer to that one. Maybe oranges. I like to wear lots of colors in my clothing and like to do the same with my nails.
8. Name two of your best nail art friends.Another hard question for me. I'm the new girl on the block and am still working on that. Amanda (who sent this to me), Sarah, Cheryl...
9. What was the best nail polish gift you have ever received?My sister gave me my first magnetic polish and a couple others she picked up while in London for Christmas and I got my Helmer for Christmas after I exchanged a similar storage unit that I thought would work.
10. Make a speech about thanking the blogger who tagged you.When I was still an infant blogger Amanda allowed me to join in a guest posting venture that helped open up my horizons. Amanda is a fantastic buddy to have in your corner and I really appreciate her friendship.
I'm supposed to tag 5 other bloggers, but for now I'm just going to pass it to Sarah and Cheryl. I'll let you know if I come up with 3 more.
*I just realized there's no number 7. I don't know where it went. I copied these questions from Amanda's blog post and she didn't have a 7 either. Oh well. It must've been a boring question I guess.